Hunter New England Health is committed to the ongoing building of an organisation that lives our values. Our values are integral to the way we do business.
The CORE Values and the NSW Ministry of Health Code of Conduct provide the framework for the standards of behaviour demonstrated at Hunter New England Health.
We encourage collaboration, openness and respect in the workplace to create a sense of empowerment for our people to use their knowledge, skills and experience to provide excellence in patient care for every patient, every time.
We expect all our employees, volunteers, VMO’s and contractors to demonstrate these values and to work with us in creating a healthy and proactive work place and work culture. You will often see or hear ‘The Values’ referred to within Hunter New England Health.
We are committed to working collaboratively with each other to achieve the best possible outcomes for our patients who are at the centre of everything we do.
In working collaboratively we acknowledge that every person working in the health system plays a valuable role that contributes to achieving the best possible outcome.
In living this value we commit to;
- Working together to achieve the corporate strategic direction and goals
- Taking responsibility for our contribution to effective team performance
- Sharing information, knowledge and skills with our colleagues
- Capitalising on the individual strengths of the team to achieve service delivery requirements
- Actively seeking ways of adding value to the team
- Taking personal responsibility for following through on assigned tasks Celebrating our team successes
- Acknowledging and giving credit to colleagues
- Creating and maintaining internal and external partnerships
- Encouraging others in their personal and professional growth and development on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrating a ‘can-do’ approach
- Communicating and acting in ways that enables others to do their job
- Creating a nurturing and supportive environment that reflects our empathy for others